WELCOME TO RHSTEP
RHSTEP is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) in Bangladesh, committed to improving Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) for the common people for the last three decades. RHSTEP is a pioneer organization, building capacity of Government, NGO and Private level health service providers including doctors, nurses, paramedics, FWVs and others. RHSTEP also provides sexual, reproductive health services to women, men, adolescent and youths thus contributing in reducing maternal mortality and morbidity especially due to septic abortion through establishing Safe MR support across the country.
Reproductive Health Services Training and Education Program (RHSTEP) is dedicated to improving the reproductive health status of women, men and adolescents of Bangladesh thus contributing towards achieving the goals of MDG and PRSP in Bangladesh. Since its inception in 1983 RHSTEP is supplementing and complimenting the programs of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in reducing maternal mortality and morbidity. Mandated to serve mostly the underserved population, RHSTEP has reached near the heart of the clients who want to prevent unwanted pregnancies and seek relief from the curses of unsafe and complicated abortions. Moreover, RHSTEP is addressing other RH needs of women and adolescents.
With best wishes,
Quazi Suraiya Sultana
Reproductive Health Services Training and Education Program (RHSTEP)
RHSTEP is a pioneer national non government organization focusing on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) for more than three decades in Bangladesh.
RHSTEP was evolved in 1983 as a special project under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) of the Government of Bangladesh titled MRTSP. In 1989 MRTSP was transformed into a NGO. Considering the increasing need of other reproductive health care, MRTSP stepped forward in 2002 with multifaceted services and a new name ‘Reproductive Health Services Training and Education Program – RHSTEP’.
RHSTEP has extended its activities centers in 20 districts of Bangladesh. Every year approximately 6,50,000 women, men including youth adolescents and children receives health care services, education and awareness support through our 28 centers.
RHSTEP is registered under Social Welfare Registration Act, 1961 with the Department of Social Welfare, (Registration no – DHA – 02459, dated 05 August 1990); NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh, (Registration no – 430, dated 09 January 1991).
WE ARE UNIQUE BECAUSE…
– WE evolved through a gradual process of government initiatives
– WE are the only organization is approved for providing MR Training in Bangladesh
– WE are only who is sharing public hospital facility for providing SRH services
– WE are working in 22 public medical college hospitals/General hospitals in the country
– WE have established Project Management cooperation with Government Hospital Authority in our project areas
RHSTEP is a unique example of GO-NGO collaboration in the health sector of Bangladesh
The New Executive Council was formed on 16th January 2015 for the period of 2014-2016.
The project activities are managed and operated under the administrative control of an Executive Council headed by a Senior Professor & Specialist of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. The New Executive Council was formed on 16th January 2015 for the period of 2014-2016.
The Executive Council meets once in every two/three months, reviews program activities, provides guidelines for the ongoing and upcoming programs and makes policy decisions, oversees program management, approves budget and monitors the implementation of the programs
Dr. Sabera Rahman
Ms. Nazma Ayesha Akhter
Ms. Shireen Nazrul
Ms. Rowshan Ara Hafiz
- Prof. A.K.M. Anowar-ul Azim
- Prof. Dr. Afzalunnesa
- Prof. D. Hamida Akhter Begum
- Mr. Mijanur Rahman Bhuiyan, FCA
Ex-officio, Past President
Prof. Dr. Kohinoor Begum
- 1 Midwifery, Media Department, RHSTEP. 41:56
- 2 Let's Fight Together ।। International Youth Day 12 August, 2016 .RHSTEP. 01:15
- 3 RHSTEP - ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFICATION 08:33
- 4 RHSTEP - Alor Dhara Khulna 09:30
- 5 RHSTEP, Khagrachori Centre, Video 01 04:12
- 6 RHSTEP - [ Interview ] ডা: জয়া চাকমা, টেকনিক্যাল অ্যাডভাইজার, আরএইচস্টেপ, খাগড়াছড়ি সদর হাসপাতাল । 09:55
- 7 Video Story, World Population Day, RHSTEP 04:01
- 8 TVC Name : Re productive Health of teeanagers RH Step 01:08
- 9 Khagrachori Video 03 Interview Shahida Aktar 15:36
- 10 khagrachori video 02 - সমাজে প্রজনন স্বাস্থ্য শিক্ষা এবং সেবা কাজকর্ম আরএইচস্টেপ, খাগড়াছড়ি সদর । 13:02
- 11 সবিতা রানী দাশ, প্যারামেডিক, আরএইচস্টেপ, খাগড়াছড়ি সদর হাসপাতাল । 04:12
- 12 1st Session, National Conference on SRHR, Bangladesh, 2016. 01:27:55
RHSTEP on Facebook
Right Here Right Now – Bangladesh Platform Launching Ceremony
Training of Trainers on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Based Menstrual Regulation (MR) Trainer’s Handbook 03-05 October 2017, Rhstep Training Center Day 1 -1st Session
New Project of RHSTEP Hello, I am Early marriage and teenage pregnancy violate girls’ rights, put their health at risk and lead to them dropping out of school. The Hello, I Am programme is enabling young people in Bangladesh to break harmful social..